Saturday 19 March 2011

Fundraising for the degree show...

The big problem of fundraising is stressing out many students in IED at the moment...

Every year the responsibility of raising money for the current 4th years degree show is given to the 2nd years and after raising some money as a year group, it was decided that due to the hectic projects it would be easier if each person had a target of £60ish to raise each. 

As many of you will be aware, at the beginning of the year we held a class bake sale once a week outside the Cantina. While this was successful at first, in the New Year business slowed down with people claiming to be dieting as a resolution! Personally I enjoyed making (and eating) the cakes but came to the conclusion that if I were to continue the selling of cakes myself it was unlikely to be successful for one of three reasons...

1. It would be time consuming both baking and selling2. I’d end up making a loss as baking can be expensive and I’d have to make a fair few to  make any profit
 
And
 
3.The cakes would go off after a day or two so I’d have to sell them instantly or I’d be left with them to eat all by myself (tempting I’ll admit!)

So, what could I sell with very little output on my part, which was quick and easy to make and could last long enough for me to sell a number of them?

MIX-UPS!

Everyone loves sweets right?

In the end it cost me just £15 to buy the sweets, an hour to make 80 bags and, after sitting on my desk for just 10 days, with little advertising on my part, I made a profit of £60!

Pretty SWEET deal if you ask me! (Sorry. It had to be done...)

No comments:

Post a Comment